Please send your CV to: email@example.com
We have an opportunity (in Malawi) in the Business Development Department. Please send in your application before the 27th March 2020
VACANCY: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Established in 2007 and incorporated in 2014 as a limited liability company, Ruo Consultants Ltd is a civil engineering consultancy firm which is committed to enhance community life through innovative, sustainable and socially responsible engineering solutions that deliver continuous improvement, best value and long term prosperity.
In order to realise this vision, we are recruiting for the position of Business Development Officer (BDO)
Duty Station: Blantyre City, Malawi
- Be the first point of contact for potential Clients or Partners, providing them information on our engineering services.
- Identify new business opportunities through newspapers, the internet, etc and will respond to Prequalification Calls, Expression of Interest, and Request For Proposals.
- Identifying skilled staff and short term experts for various work opportunities locally and internationally.
- Assist the Directors in managing their appointments and responding to Directors mails when delegated to do so.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities. Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and engineering industry events.
- Developing quotations and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Collection of timesheets on all projects and processing the same
- Updating the company website and creating emails for new staff
- Receive all job applications and process them
- Keep the Directors updated on both your progress and timeline, providing them with accurate business development information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Information Systems, Procurement, Business, Marketing, Journalism, etc.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Those with a relevant Diploma can be considered, provided they are able to satisfy the required attributes for the job.
Applications must reach us by the 27th March 2020 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org